I’m honored to have been nominated for this award by two bloggers who I admire and follow; the always colorful, Hila at Saturday Night Stitch and by the always creative, Linda at Nice Dress, Thanks I made it. I enjoyed reading their posts and checking out the blogs they nominated so I coudn’t wait to write my own post.
“Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” Created by: Okoto Enigma
Here are “The Rules” to the “Mystery Blogger Award”:
- Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers you feel deserve the award
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny one
Since I was nominated by two talented bloggers, I have the honor of answering two sets of questions.
But first, I will tell you three things you many not know about me…
- I grew up in Lakewood Washington on the beautiful Puget Sound, with a great view of Mt. Rainier. I get nostalgic when I smell the salty, clammy water there.
- One summer, I was in four (4) weddings within a week of each other, and every one of them required a handmade dress. That’s when I learned speed sewing!
- I’ve been singing for as long as I can remember by myself or in groups, even in a rock band at one point. I currently sing with Oregon Repertory Singers here in Portland.
Now I’ll answer Hila’s five questions:
- What song will ALWAYS get you on the dance floor? This one is easy…Your Kiss is On My List by Hall and Oates!
- What’s your signature dish? Chicken Marbella. I absolutely love the mix of capers, prunes, bay leaves and oregano.
- You proudest moment was…when I gave birth to my son, as I’d always wanted it but had my doubts it would happen.
- Favourite colour? No one will be surprised to hear that it’s BLUE!
- Your best dance move is…? Well, my favorite is the Macrena, although no one else seems to love it anymore (sigh). Let’s recommit, people!!!
Now Linda’s questions….
- If you won a lottery what would you buy first? OH, that’s a no brainer. I’d buy a second home either on the Columbia Gorge or on the Metolius River in Central Oregon.
- Do you like turnips? I love turnips. In fact I’m a big fan of root vegetables. Perhaps I was a pig in a former life.
- Who started you with sewing? My mother, who used to sew Mother-daughter matching outfits for us.
- How many sewing/serger/coverstitch machines do you have, what kind are they and what are their names (if they have names)? Oh, I’m pretty lucky here. I have a Bernina 450, a Bernina 560 and a Babylock Imagine Serger. I love having two machines because I can put contrasting thread in one for topstitching so I don’t have to re thread my machine constantly.
- What was the worst sewing project you ever worked on and why? I’ll never forget the torture session that was Vogue 1387, a tunic designed by Rebecca Taylor. I thought I would lose my mind as the button plackets are really narrow, the pleats at the yoke are tiny and the fabric I chose was silk chiffon, such a horrid combination!
My nominations for Mystery blogger in no particular order:
Here are my five questions for you all, should you want to join in the fun….
- If you could eat anything without worrying if it was healthy or fattening, what would it be?
- Where would you like to go if you could go any where?
- Which is bigger; your fabric stash or pattern stash?
- What makes you laugh like a lunatic?
- What do you love about where you live?
Thanks again to Hila and Linda for nominating me!!
Happy sewing and thanks for stopping by.